After many, many requests, here are the (HUGE!
) PDOs with the HR textures. Now you do not need the High Res designer to view them.Download HEADDownload BODYDownload RIGHT WINGDownload LEFT WINGDownload HEADDownload ROCKALL CREDIT FOR THE PDO GOES TO DaiShiHUN
DaiShiHun's Frost Dragon daishihun.deviantart.com/art/S...
has been on my "defininite to-do-list" ever since it got released. Yet with 30 pages and over 900 parts it was always quite deterrent.
Nevertheless, as the winter days were cold and boring, I asked my GF is she would be up to a big project that would take a couple of weeks. As we agreed to build it there was one big flaw that bothered me about the dragon: Its textures.
Although split in various parts, the 1024 textures were mushy, grey, dull and boring. They looked nothing like the shiny, crisp Frost dragons you see in the game. If I were to build this dragon, it ought to look awesome. So I got my hands on the High Res dev version of Pepakura that supports 4096p textures, grabbed a 8192x4096 texture from a HR dragon texture mod from the Skyrim nexus, added transparency features like translucent wings and some shadows that I got from a prebaked texture.
Besides looking more like the original dragon and being much crisper, the textures had another advantage: They were very economical in tint, only using black and a slight cyan tint.
I also retextured the rock to fit a snowy setting and tipped it off with a mixture of decorative sugar and baby powder.
I printed the Legs and wings on 140g/sqm semi-glossy and the body and head on 120g/sqm high glossy photo paper.
The assembly is far from perfect and took about 5-6 weeks. The model is held up by a wire pinched through the tail and leading to the rock.
I finished it today and thought I'd make a little photoshooting in front of an improvised greenscreen to edit the pictures with some in-game Skyrim screenshots.
I will be uploading some unedited photos later, unfortunately I only have a cheap digital camera available.